on Wednesday, October 20, 2010
To me there is nothing more amazing than the exact moment the sun cracks the horizon and those long rays of light spills across the landscape. Or the converse, when the sun goes to bed, and the last rays of the day creep ever upwards into the heavens. Most folks know about "the golden hour", but few stick around for "the purple hour". Sunrise and Sunset are subject to the laws of physics, the de-fraction of light in the atmosphere, and it's why the sky lights up at those times of day. A once heard an old timer speak of waiting on "a second sunset". It's relative to the technical discussion, but this is a spiritual and philosophical conversation. If you've ever witnessed it, you know what I'm talking about.



Regardless if I get a shot or not, on those mornings when I wake up early, crawl out of bed, stand around groggy in the cold, waiting on "the moment", it's worth it. It's worth it because I get to see things that 99.99% of people never get to see, simply because they are too lazy to get up at the time required to witness "the magic". When I am lucky, I get to bring those moments to people through photography.  Getting to share just a little bit of this wonderful world with people makes me smile.